Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Meditation number one

My intent with this blog is to meditate on my experience of a month in India.

I am not a natural meditator. With full time work and nearly full time school, I don't have a lot of time for reflection.

My first meditation, which I attempted before I left, went something like this:

"Okay, still the mind. <blank for 1 second> Don't think about anything. <blank> Just be open, see what comes up. <blank for 3 seconds.> Oh crap I forgot to pick up a laptop lock. Pick up another another luggage lock or two? Ya right, when will I have time to do that? Forget it. Still have two more books to read. Let's see, if I read one book a night maybe I can start the exams on Thursday, finish it Friday, pack Saturday, leave Sunday. Need to talk to staff about priorities. Wonder who still has some capacity? If I move some stuff around, maybe J. can take it on. Need to check in with her.

"STOP. Empty mind. <blank for 2 seconds>. Itchy nose. <scratch.> I should take a Swiss army knife, ya, that would come in handy. Where is it? I think I have to go to the bathroom. No, hold it. Empty mind. "

Perhaps its best I leave the meditations until after I get off the plane.

1 comment:

  1. turn off the monkey brain and enjoy!
    Looking forward to hearing about all your experiences.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete